- Chuck E Cheese (promised the kids we would take them there....Pray for us!)
- Bolognese, Bread, Veggies and Fruit
- Tacos, Rice, Fruit
- Egg/Cheese/Ham Bake, Fruit
- Crock Pot Taco Chicken, Veggies, Fruit
- Pizza, Raw Veggies, Fruit
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Sunday, August 22, 2010
This weekend has been an interesting one-
First on my way home from class on Friday I was pulling into the subdivision and I guess I must of ran over something b/c my tire started acting funny and making a weird noise. So come to find out I ran over what looked like either a box cutter blade or a piece of sharp metal. J being the nice husband that he is took D with him on Sat morning out to the Cooper tire place in P'ville to get it fixed. Thankfully it must not have gotten into to the tire too deep b/c now the tire is fine and isn't leaking air or anything. So that was our first "crisis" that was solved :)
I got to have another wonderful visit to our urgent care (down here unless you want to wait 2 weeks to see your normal family doc you have no other choice than to suck it up and pay the extra $$ for the urgent care people) This time it was for K, they put her on some med's and she is doing much better! Praise God for that :)
On Sat we had the Ham/Brocc roll ups that I had posted in this weeks menu. Here are our (mine mostly) thoughts on them
- D liked them even with the cheese sauce on top, he wants me to make them again
- Since it took K a long time to finish her food I don't think she liked them that much
- J said they were good (hopefully he is telling the truth..lol b/c i will be making them much more in the future..lol)
- I thought they were pretty good, but the deli @ winn-dixie cut the ham wayyy too think so I couldn't roll them up- instead I just cut them up.
I also made the twinkie tiramisu yesterday. It was fun to make! What is better than cutting twinkies in half ?! It was pretty good, the only thing that I would change next time is to use less coffee (it was almost overpowering). D seemed to like it though, K did not and I dunno about J.
Pics to follow soon - As soon as I upload them
Last night we had a movie night with the kids and one just J and I.
With the kids we watched Furry Vengeance. I have never heard of it before, I just saw it in Blockbuster and figured how bad could it be? Well pretty bad! Now I know why it was never in movie theaters...At the end of the day I guess what was important was that the kids liked it
J and I watched Date Night..It was funny! I really liked it
Hope my week is smooth sailing with little stress! (A girl can hope can't she?..! )
Friday, August 20, 2010
- Join the site http://www.swagbucks.com/ Use this site just like you use Google/Yahoo/Bing when searching anything on the web. As you search things you earn Swagbucks which you can use to "buy" gift cards,etc. You can also take surveys and polls on the site too to earn more. So far I have used my Swag Bucks to get some Amazon.com gift cards (Which I am saving to use at Xmas time)
- Use coupons when you can, there are several different websites that gives you a list of coupons that match up to what is on sale in your local store. (Today at Winn Dixie I saved $78.00 just in using coupons! The 5-10 min it took me to get them ready was well worth it!)
- Another good website to save $$ on is http://goodreader.com/ This is a site which lets you buy a monthly package for X number of $ and you get to download a ton of books to your ereader (Nook, Kindle, Sony, Etc) So far I have downloaded at least 25 books and I have not even been a member for a month yet. Anyway if I would have gotten them from Barnes and Noble or Amazon they would have been around 10.00 per book. Great Deal!!
Hope they will help you as much as they have helped us out! :) Have a good weekend Everyone
Beef/Cheese/Quesadillas, Chips/Salsa, Baby Carrots, Fruit
Baked Ham/Broccoli Rolls, Rice, Fruit
Spaghetti, Green Beans, Fruit
Stromboli, Veggies, Fruit
Sweet for the Weekend- Twinkie Tiramisu
A thought for the day-
Today I am proud to be wearing the color Red, in honor of Baby Tressel who we are praying for. Keep him and his family in your prayers.
Thursday, August 19, 2010
I am determined to write in this blog, I don't know how often yet but I hope to at least once or twice a week...So kick your shoes off, go get a snack, and sit down for a wild ride.