It has taken some time to adjust, learning some new "words" (southern talk) and just getting to know the south or LA at least.
Here are a few things that I have learned (good or bad...ha!)
- There are 2 Seasons here- Hot and Hotter
- If you think Ohio has pests problems come move to the south, where we are greeted by Snakes, Frogs, Lizards, Spiders, Earwigs, Cockroaches, Wasps, and our family fave Fireants (NOT! K stepped into a nest of them on the playground at school)
- People don't "buy groceries" down here- they "make groceries" instead
- Also in case you need to write something down don't forget to bring along your "ink pen" feather not included
- It is normal to wear shorts and short sleeved shirts in October
- Allergies- Don't have them yet, you will get them when you are down here
- It is always important to watch were you are walking when you are outside in your grass and always good to wear shoes! Yes, it is normal to see some big snakes in the middle of your yard and no people down here like snakes since they kill other animals and insects
- You can solve all your problems by bringing food to something...(This is a joke) A lot of things down south involve food (Which can be good until you look at your expanding waist)
I guess my point to this post is yes, living down here is different. Just like Ohio there are some good and some bad things about it but it has been nice to be able to find a great church to go to and to be able to meet some new friends. That I would not want to change for anything.