Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Baby Steps in "Greenville"


In the land of Greenville most home people that clean (mothers, fathers --sometimes...Ha , kids who are forced to and dogs with extra long fluffy tails..) would be using 100% good products that are good for the ozone layer, smell less yucky, and clean just as great as good old fashioned windex..Well this home isn't the capital of Greenville. Yes I know this might come to you as a shock (since people claim that my house is always spotless and they wonder what I use to clean things with) but I am a D- student when it comes to buying "green" products and not killing the ozone layer or the nice fluffy polar bears



So once I came upon this "tip" on using this everyday household item to clean almost anything a light bulb came off in my head. Against my better judgement I tried using plain old boring white vinegar to use for my laundry fabric softener. I heart Downy and all the nice smelling softeners but gosh they are really getting pricey. So the cheap side of me...I mean frugal part of me wanted to try this other solution.
I tried it and it works great! I just fill up my handy dandy holder thing in my machine and off it goes to clean my laundry in no time..And the best part of all is that it doesn't leave a nasty easter egg smell at all in your clothes. Score one for mom!


Here is a couple of other things you can do with your bottle of white vinegar that you have hiding in your kitchen pantry
- You can clean your kitchen counter tops with it (I have tried this and so far I like it)
- Clean that nasty layer of grease and old food in your microwave by mixing 1/2 cup white vinegar and 1/2 cup water in a microwave-safe bowl. Bring it to a rolling boil inside the microwave. Wipe clean.



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com



No comments:

Post a Comment