Thursday, July 7, 2011

Talking about Makeup Folks

On my search to lower my monthly makeup bill , I have been on the hunt for good quality makeup at a lower price. I think it truly set in as to how much makeup I own once we moved into our new house, I do give myself credit for throwing out old makeup that is past its prime though..(check out the makeup chart down at the bottom of this post for hints on when its time to trash the stuff even if it looks "ok" )

Anywho the whole point of this post is that yes you can have beauty on a budget.

This is the first major purchase of makeup at elf online. I guess I can't figure out which stores in this lovely town of mine carry the makeup and since I wanted to be able to try different shades and different types I ordered online. (Note to self - unless you upgrade to faster shipping it may take up to 14 days to get it..that's a long time in makeup land)

So today was the first day that my face had 90% Elf makeup on it (the other 10% was my foundation from clinque) So far its just as good as its pricey counterparts. Within the next week or so I will post some pictures of the colors I have tried and my reviews of them. So stay tuned!

Here is that chart I was talking about

Powder- 2 years
Eyeshadow (powder) - 2 years
Mascara- 3 months
Lipstick- 2 years

No comments:

Post a Comment